No Name Meats / Recipes / No Name® Brussel Sprouts with No Name Bacon
No Name® Brussel Sprouts with No Name Bacon
- Heat water in a sauté pan to boiling.
- Add 2-3 drops of vegetable oil to the water.
- Place the brussels sprouts in the water, turn the heat down to medium and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain the brussels sprouts and place immediately in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- When cooled down, drain the water off the brussels sprouts.
- To finish preparation, melt the butter in a sauté pan and add the cooked bacon pieces and the drained Brussels sprouts.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes or until the brussels sprouts are heated through.
- Add the pistachios and the pomegranates, season to taste with salt and pepper and heat for an additional 1 minute.
- To serve, place the brussels sprouts in a serving dish, sprinkle with fresh thyme and finish with a very light drizzle of balsamic vinegar (to taste).
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts – fresh; trimmed and quartered
- 3 strips No Name Bacon – cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 oz. Pistachios- dry roasted; shelled and cut into small chunks
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Tbls. Butter or Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Fresh Thyme
- To Taste Salt and Black Pepper
- Drizzle White Balsamic or Fig Balsamic Vinegar