No Name Meats / Recipes / No Name® Mid-Eastern Kofta-Style Pita Sandwich with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
No Name® Mid-Eastern Kofta-Style Pita Sandwich with Creamy Cucumber Sauce
A favorite from your local Mediterranean Style restaurant is so simple to make at home with No Name Brand Wild Rice Meatballs on Hand. Exotic Middle Eastern Spices like Ras el Hanout or Yellow Curry Powder make an easy and exciting change! In a hurry? Tzatziki sauce can be found in the deli section of most grocery stores near the hummus! But we prefer to make our own…
No Name Wild Rice Meatball Preparation:
- In a skillet with a lid, place the meatballs, spices and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until the meatballs are warmed to 165 degrees with a thermometer.
- Remove the cover and turn off the heat. Add the butter and stir the meatballs until the butter is melted.
Prepare the Creamy Cucumber Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients.
- If possible, refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Assemble the Pita Sandwiches:
- Heat the pita slightly before using.
- Place a handful of Spring Lettuce Mix on half of the pita.
- Layer slices of Tomato and Red Onion over the lettuce.
- Spoon 5 prepared No Name Meatballs over the vegetables. Drizzle a little sauce over the sandwich.
- Spoon the Creamy Cucumber Sauce over the Meatballs.
- Serve with chips or a fresh, green salad on the side!
No Name Wild Rice Meatball Ingredients:
- 10 each No Name Brand Wild Rice Meatballs (approx.. ½ package)
- 2 tbsp. McCormick’s Ras el Hanout Spice Blend or Yellow Curry Spice Blend
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp. butter
Creamy Cucumber Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cucumber, seeded, shredded and squeezed
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh, chopped dill or 1 tsp dry dill
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup spring lettuce mix
- 1 red, ripe tomato, sliced
- 1 sweet red onion, sliced
- 2 pita bread rounds