No Name Meats / Recipes / No Name® BBQ Grilled Salmon with Blueberry-Chipotle Salsa
NO NAME® BBQ Grilled Salmon with Blueberry-Chipotle Salsa
Salmon is a hearty fish that lends itself well to grilling. Whether you fire up the backyard BBQ or use that grill pan you got for Christmas in the oven, it all results in a moist and succulent fish with a ton of flavor. No Name Brand Salmon Filets are delicious on their own! But a few spices added to the dish help you mix it up, making these filets the most versatile thing in your freezer! A fresh fruit salsa adds pop of color and a bit of spice. Serve with your favorite sides for a healthy and flavorful dinner in no time.
Hints for Grilling Fish:
- It is important to have a clean, well-oiled grill for cooking fish. Medium heat is best. Use a high temperature non-stick spray for your grill to ensure that the fish doesn’t stick. Make sure that the grate for the grill has ample time to heat. If the grate itself is not hot, the fish will stick to the grate. Finally, resist the urge to move the fish too quickly. Fish needs time to sear, so place the fish on the grill and let it be for at least 3-4 minutes before flipping. Medium heat (around 400 degrees) is key, with the coals not too close to your filets.
No Name Salmon Filet Preparation:
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees.
- Mix the spices together and sprinkle the mixture over the salmon filets.
- Spray your pre-heated grill grate with high-temperature non-stick cooking spray.USE CAUTION: spray may ignite.
- Place the filets with the spice side down onto the grill. Remember to place the fish far away from the coals to prevent burning. Close the lid. Resist the urge to move the fish for 3-4 minutes, or until the fish is well seared. This will ensure your filet does not stick to the grill!
- Using a spatula, gently flip the fish and finish cooking on the opposite side. Cook until the pop-up timer pops up.
- Gently remove the filets and place on your serving plates. Top with the Blueberry-Chipotle Salsa.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
No Name Salmon Filet:
- 4 each No Name Brand Salmon Filets, defrosted
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ½ tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chipotle pepper powder
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced cilantro
- pinch salt and pepper to taste